Friday, January 26, 2007

CSI: Las Vegas

I know he was only in two episodes (according to IMDB.com), but i really like Keppler. I hope he has more of a reoccuring role.

I missed the first ten minutes of last nights episode (i was relaxing in a bubble bath and totally forgot it was thursday), so i missed the whole set up. But i liked what i saw. I wasnt too crazy with the idea of 'reverse forensics' (have to do some research and see if there really is such a thing), and i really didnt like all the secrets. I didnt blame Nick for leading a mutiny to find out what all was really going on. And i dont blame him for still being mad at the end. They are supposed to be a team. That was nuts. But what was with the animosity between Sarah and Catherine? I know they have been at odds with each other in the past, but this was border line hostil. Maybe she blames her for Grissom leaving? And what is going on with Gregs civil case? I havent heard anything about that in three episodes.

I also missed the preview of next week, so i guess i just have to keep my fingers crossed that that darn miniture box on Grissom's desk gets opened and he comes back.

Oh and i wish Hodges would just leave. Or get blown up. That character so gets on my nerves.

I know there is alot of discussion online about the quality of the show compared to the beginning years. As with any long running show, whether comedy or drama, there is a progression in the characters, the plot, and a maturing of the audience. I dont think it's the show that's changed so much as the audience. In the beginning we were all captivated, everything was new, and we looked forward to gettign to know the characters. Now that we know them and know how the whole forensics process works, we're left without the climatic light bulb ending. I watch alot of the reruns of previous seasons and can honestly say I would watch them all again, even the current ones.

I do miss Grissom tho. Just thought i'd mention that.

No comments: